WHAT’s NEW !!!
GHS PTA Senior Scholarships
This year, thanks to the generous donations from Mtichell, Pleasant View Elementary and Shelton Elementary, scholarships will be awarded to one of each of their alumni. Bell Middle School also contributed to our scholarship fund and we are awarding several GHS PTA Senior Scholarships from our fundraising successes. Essays are due April 17th. You must be a member of GHS PTA to be considered. Go to the Join PTA tab on this website to apply for a student membership. Get the Scholarship application from our GHS counselors. Mitchell, Pleasant View and Shelton have their own application sheets. Check in with Wendy Roberts or Hilary O’Kelly for more information. Drop off your completed appliation at the counseling office by April 17th.
3rd Annual Chili Cook Off and Silent Auction was a Major Success
Thanks to all that joined in our fundraising event. We had great student participation, with eleven chilis from our students, teams, and teachers. The music from our talented students was fabulous!! And the money raised from our Silent Auction is already being put to good use covering requests for help from our teachers and staff.
GHS AFTER PROM 2015
Plans are now underway for our May 2nd After Prom. Please consider participating in this fun and worthwhile event. Meetings will be held on the second Tuesday of the month in the GHS office at 7pm right after the PTA meeting. We need volunteers to help with decorating, prize coordination, casino dealers and other games, food prep and general helpers to make this event a success. IF you can’t attend meetings but want to help out, please call Marianne Clanton at 720-271-9544. You can go to our volunteer page and sign up online too!
LOOK WHAT PTA HAS ACCOMPLISHED . . .
Kaylen Gehrke wins 2nd Pl. at State for Reflections
After Prom Prizes
After Prom 2014
After Prom Games
Silent Auction fundraiser
Silent Auction fundraiser
Spencer White performs at the Chili Cook off
GHS Jazz Band at the Chili Cook off
National Honor Society volunteers
Chili Cook Off
Chili Cook off
Six 2014 scholarship recipients
Golden High School has an active Parent Teacher Association (PTA). The group supports the students and staff of our school both financially and with volunteers. We ask that parents join us to make this a great school year for our students and staff: Please contact any of our officers with questions or suggestions.
Below are Volunteer Opportunities within our PTA:
- Membership – Directory, membership reporting
- Hospitality – Provide food for Parent/Teacher Conferences, Holiday treats, Staff Appreciation
- Reflections – Need volunteers to accept submissions, provide food for reception in Nov, or preparation of Open House at Red Rocks Comm. College.
- Clinic – Assist in Vision and Hearing Screening during October
- PTA Scholarships – Help review essays and award scholarships to participating seniors.
- Chili Cook Off and Silent Auction – our one big fundraiser of the year and a night of fun and community spirit.
- Dances – need parent volunteers to help with Sadie’s and other dances held by Student Council.
- Misc. Volunteers – need parents who can help with individual projects not listed above that only require 1 – 3 hours of volunteer time.
- After Prom Volunteers – Volunteers to help chair activities, bring food, etc.
We are able to do these activities from Membership Dues, Donations, and Volunteers from parents and community Members! Help us help our students by joining PTA today! Consider making a donation to PTA to keep these programs alive. Click here to email us.